1 1/2 cups crushed coconut cookies
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup melted butter
—filling— 1 package lemon jello
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup cream cheese
grated lemon rind — for garnish
1. Mix together the crushed cookies, coconut and melted butter. Firmly press on the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Chill.
2. Mix the lemon Jello with the boiling water and stir until dissolved.
3. Add the lemon juice and lemon rind; mix well. Cool.
4. Beat the condensed milk with the vanilla until thick.
5. Soften the cream cheese and combine with the Jello mixture and the
beaten condensed milk. Blend thoroughly.
6. Pour into the prepared crust, sprinkle with grated lemon rind and
chill un til firm. Serves 6-8.
busted by sooz